ISO 9001 – Quality Management
Being unique and ahead competition is not an alternative means rather it is a necessary pre-requisite for a successful business. It is however dependent on a number of factors, with emphasis on customer satisfaction being the most prominent one. Being ISO 9001 certified help corporations to display their concern towards being customer oriented.
ISO 9001 is one of the standards belonging to ISO 9000 family. The emphasis of this standard is designed to help firms ensure that they meet the needs of both customers and stakeholders. ISO 9001 is not a quality principle rather it is a standard that measures the quality of performances towards creating value for customers and the business stakeholders.
ISO 9001 is the sole internationally recognised standard that assesses and certifies the quality management of a business. It is one of the widely employed management tools today.
Is ISO 9001 relevant to me?
Any business, organization or entity irrespective of its inception, volume of transaction, sector and size can apply for the ISO 9001 standards.
It is for those endeavouring enterprises who strive to demonstrate excellence n customer satisfaction and meeting stakeholder needs. It is not a complicated road constructed only for large entities. It is equivalently appropriate for small, mid-size and developing businesses.
ISO 9001 is for any organization craving for excellence in all aspects of business, across all levels and hierarchies
How does the ISO 9001 standard work?
- ISO 9001 applies to the processes that create a control on organizational produce
- It prescribes a systematic span of activities that are at par with meeting end customer needs. Thus the firms do not lose their focus
- It is applicable to both traditional and virtual products and services irrespective of where they are made and where sold
- It raises the employee morale by defining key roles and responsibilities. It ensures that employees are valued thus attaining their commitment
- It highlights deficiencies and efficiencies. This ultimately enhances the productive output of the business
- The overall above processes lead to controlling waste, incomplete and unnecessary work, control over complaints.
- It promotes a sophisticated work structure ensuring a free flow of communication leading firms to address the customer needs. This is also effective in change management
- By this, the firm will be an extensively visible one in the marketplace.
ISO 9001 Benefits:
ISO benefits are overwhelming. They are many to pin down. But in concise terms, ISO 9001 benefits can be confined to ‘improved efficiency, improved customer satisfaction, improved employer-employee relations, improved profitability and an improved system of error-free work’.
Am I Eligible?
ISO 9001 is suitable for all businesses irrespective of size, type and nature of the business. It is established all around the world. It is globally recognised standard suitable for all products, services and sectors.
Seek ISO 9001 certification:
The ISO publishes standard publications frequently. All it takes is a small study to understand the standard and make appropriate preparations. Firms can apply for the certification and seek it in between a span of 12 to 24 weeks, depending on the complexity and volume of the business. Having made up the mind to get certified start the process with the following:
- Developing a clear objective and anticipate the benefits to be sought through ISO 9001
- Incorporate quality in every aspect of the business
- Prepare the employees and the resources in their areas of responsibility to adhere to necessary quality standards
- Document the quality principles adopted in the firm along with policies and procedures on organizational structure, communication lines, quality retention, and role of the employees
- Ensure to maintain documentation and mentor employees with the same
- Effective management of preventive measures, change management, on-going employee training and regular quality assessments.
ISO 9001 – Fact File:
- ISO 9001 certified is not mandatory. It does not define the actual quality of the product or services; however, it is a key to achieving consistencies in quality through continuous improvement.
- While you are capable of making a good product most of the time, ISO 9001 ensure that you get it best all the times. It basically encourages a good business practice.
- ISO 9001 certified means that your firm has met the quality standards’ requirements
- It evaluates the quality management of an organization and enables in identifying further areas of improvements
- It lead firms to advance performances thus intensifying the firms’ capability to better satisfy their customers